And if an evil whisper comes to you from Satan then seek refuge with Allah. Verily, He is All-Hearer, All-Knower.
The Prophet (Blessings and Peace be upon him) advised one of his Companions, saying, “Don’t be angry…” He repeated this three times. And when a man became angry in his presence, the Prophet ordered him to seek refuge in Allah from the accursed Satan.
And I seek refuge with You, My Lord! Lest they may attend [or come near] me.
(Qur ‘an 23:98)
Verily, those who are Al-Muttaqoon [the pious], when an evil thought comes to them from Satan, they remember [Allah], and [indeed] they then see [aright].
Anger is one of the factors that cause depression and sadness. The following are some of the ways of controlling your anger:
1. Combat feelings of anger as if anger itself is your enemy.
And those who repress anger, and who pardon men; verily, Allah loves the good-doers.
And when they are angry, they forgive.
And when the anger of Moses was appeased, he took up the Tablets…
2. Make ablution. Since anger is an ember of the fire, it can be extinguished by water.
3. If you are standing, sit; and if you are sitting, lie down.
4. When you are angry, remain silent.
5. Remind yourself of the rewards of those who repress their anger and of those who forgive.